If you’re using Twitter to search for talented job candidates, you’re not alone. The popular microblog received more than 23 million unique visitors just this September and more and more employers are utilizing it in their talent-acquisition efforts.
I’ll be teaching a webinar on December 16 for HR Hero, where I’ll focus on how Twitter can improve your organization’s recruiting, branding, and engagement strategies, and how to avoid the legal issues associated with using microblogs in the workplace.
The seminar, called Recruiting in 140 Characters: Everything HR Needs to Know About Twitter, is 90 minutes and will be conducted via live webinar. I’ll show participants step-by-step instructions for setting up a Twitter account, so you can begin “tweeting” during this live event! You’ll get live interactive guidance, so you can learn:
- How to make a tweet compelling enough to attract the most desirable candidates
- Techniques to get followers who will help spread your message and brand
- How you can stay on the cutting edge in your industry by following the right people
- How to find relevant content using hash tags and search functions
- Twitter manners: the dos and don’ts of tweeting
- How to locate passive job candidates online
- Blogging techniques to build brand recognition the RIGHT way and how to make your organization the employer of choice
- How to use Twitter to keep your all-star employees passionate and enthusiastic about their work
- The legal mistakes often made when using Twitter at work, and how you can avoid them
- Special tips and tricks to make sure your blog postings are relevant and how to make tweeting a breeze
Registration is available at the HR Hero website. Hope to “see” you on December 16!
And, if you’re in the Chicago area and want to learn more about social media for employers, check out the upcoming HR Social Media Summit, on December 2-4. Dec. 2-4: Social Media & HR Summit (Chicago, IL)
Until then, you can follow me on Twitter at @MollyDiBi . . . .