The WSJ today recognized the Top Small Workplaces in its third annual report featuring the best small employers in the country. The fifteen winners, which were complied in partnership with Winning Workplaces, were selected based on their continued investment in their employees. The winners were selected from nearly 630 nominations, pared down to 35 finalists.
Congratulations to the 2009 Top Small Workplace winners:
- Advanced Technology Institute, North Charleston, S.C.
- Analytical Graphics Inc., Exton, Pa.
- Anthony Wilder Design/Build Inc., Cabin John, Md.
- Bailard Inc., Foster City, Calif.
- Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith PC, Birmingham, Ala.
- Censeo Consulting Group, Washington, D.C.
- Heavy Construction Systems Specialists Inc., Sugar Land, Texas
- Mike’s Car Wash Inc., Indianapolis
- Radio Flyer Inc., Chicago
- Root Learning Inc., Sylvania, Ohio
- Skyline Construction Inc., San Francisco
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Chicago
- The Railroad Associates Corporation, Hershey, Pa.
- Tohono O’odham Nursing Care Authority, Sells, Ariz.
- Woodmeister Master Builders Inc., Holden, Mass.
What can you do today to create the kind of workplace that engages employees?