When managers were asked about the strangest employee complaints they’d ever received, they had a lot to say. Careerbuilder.com asked this question and got some very strange results. Some of the answers made me laugh outside. And not just because the complaints were so weird, which they are, but also because some of the weirdest ones I’d actually encountered in my practice. Here are a few of employee complaints that I found the most entertaining with my commentary following:
- Employee has big hair . . . umm, did this person spend the ’80s locked in an office-supply cabinet?
- Employee eats all the good cookies . . . Unforgiveable!
- Employee is so polite, it’s infuriating. . . there’s nothing worse, is there?
- Employee suspected co-worker is a pimp. . . . and? what’s the complaint part?
- Employee is trying to poison me . . . a legitimate complaint, certainly (or just delusional)
- Employee’s body is magnetic and keeps de-activating my magnetic access card.
- Employee is personally responsible for a federally-mandated tax increase. . . .I bet she’s really, really unpopular
- Employee only wears slippers or socks at work. . . ok, I can’t deny it, this would bother me
- Employee breathes too loudly. . . .wow! talk about unworkable conditions!
- Employee has bells on her shoes and it’s not the holidays. . . .scary, scary, scary
- Employee spends too much time caring for stray cats around the building. . . seen it, never want to see it again
See these related posts for a little more office humor: